Friday, September 5, 2008

Holiday Homework 3(T3Wk9): The Olympic Games

The first Olympic Games were held in 776 BC. They Began as a religious festival and were held every 4 years. They were held in a valley of Ancient Greece called Olympia. That is how they came to be called the Olympics. The only event held was a foot race, they raced the length of the stadium. Later a nine mile chariot race was added. And a lot more people were interested in that than a foot race. I think that the Olympics is important because some people want to impress their country. I have watch a Volley Ball Olympic event (U.S.A vs Brazil). Usain Bolt smashes World Record with a speed of 9.69 seconds. If I could participate in the Olympics I will participate in fencing because it is fun. I think it is worth joining the Olympics because it is a new experience to me.

Usain Bolt
Runs 9.69 seconds in 100m race
Calculation=
9.69secs about 10secs
100 divide by 10 = 10m
10 divide by 10 = 1sec
He runs more than 10m per second on average. ~~WOW!!!~~

No comments: